Friday, June 10, 2011

My unexpected visit



So while I was at the shop today busy doing some repairs, an unexpected visitor popped her head in and said " would you like some henna."
"Of course I do," So my dear friend Ann walked over to Midnight Sun, (which is where she sets up on some Fridays and all Saturdays during the summer months), grabbed her fresh tube of handmade mendhi paste, and began drawing the most beautiful henna on my hand.
For those of you who are not familiar with henna, it is a natural paste that was traditionally used in wedding ceremonies in India. It is made from the henna plant and many herbs and oils. It is applied to your skin, you let it sit for a few hours, and after you wash your body part it is applied to, it will be stained on your skin.
The brides would traditionally have the hands and feet completely covered in the most beautiful drawings of paisleys, flowers, peacocks and swirls. It is said that the darker the henna tattoo appears, the longer the love of the couple will last.
Although mine was not for the purpose of a wedding, I do believe that the art of henna design is a beautiful tradition and was happy to have Ann put her creativity onto my skin!
Stop by Midnight Sun on Saturdays to get you next Henna Tattoo and be sure to stop over to Ann's Blog, http://http://www.hennatattoo.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Facebook Badge